Access Board Meetings
Members of the U.S. Access Board meet regularly every two months. Board meetings are open to the public. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, Board meetings are held virtually.
At its last meeting on July 14, the Board conducted a program on “Moving Forward: Access to Inclusive Fitness Equipment.”
Next Board Meeting
The next virtual meeting of the Board on September 22 will feature a briefing on the results of a Board-sponsored Study on the Feasibility of Wheelchair Securement Systems on Aircraft conducted by the Transportation Research Board (TRB).
Public Briefing on the Feasibility of Wheelchair Securement Systems on Aircraft
September 22, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (ET)
Registration required (free): www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/
- Welcome, Greg Fehribach, U.S. Access Board Chair
- Dr. Alan M. Jette, TRB Study Committee Chair, Professor and Dean Emeritus of Boston University
- Gary Weissel, TRB Study Committee Member, Founder and Managing Officer of Tronos Aviation Consulting
- Naomi Armenta, TRB Study Committee Member, Principal Planner of Nelson Nygaard
- Dr. Miriam Manary, TRB Study Committee Member, Lead Research Engineer of University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)
- Questions and Answers
The Board will hold its business meeting, which is also open to the public through the same registration, at 3:30 (ET) following a break.
Future Board Meetings
- November 8 - 10, 2021
- January 10 - 12, 2022
- March 7 - 9, 2022
- May 10 - 12, 2022
- July 11 - 13, 2022
- September 12 - 14, 2022
- November 7 - 9, 2022